Monday, January 14, 2008

You stole my heart, and my 12 bucks

This game preview comes at you a day early. So sue me. Don't actually sue me... please...



While the Oilers try to take a game from the Kings, completing a five game homestand sweep, the EIG will be lifting a few dollars from my wallet. Yes, I admit, I am one of the saps who says "yes" to my Shaw Box for Oilers Pay-Per-Views. I know I'm only encouraging further sub-standard productions from the Organization, and I know I'm often bitterly disappointed when the Oilers lose on PPV (I just PAID for that!?!), but in winter, I nest. That means I'm not willing to shell out for the cab home in freezing weather when I inevitably drink myself stupid while watching the game at BP's or whatever generic sports bar I end up in.

The Kings are having it rough this year, and if all goes well, they'll slumber while we pull a win out from under them. If all goes horribly, horribly wrong, we get thrashed like peasants when the Lords and Masters of Los Angeles wreak their mighty vengeance.

But a five game winning streak...wouldn't that be something?

Oilers host the Kings
7pm MST on Oilers PPV and 630 CHED

2 comments:

Black Dog said...

Nest? Are you having a baby?

grease trap said...

Yup, a baby elephant. Some people think it's a beer gut, but ingestion periods for elephants are, like, 2 1/2 years...