Friday, September 14, 2007

...and it just keeps getting better

Joanne Ireland, you got those seductive words just pouring out:

Torres arrives in best shape of his career

"I was watching what I was eating and I didn't drink all summer. Not that that was a problem (...he hastened to add. -ed.), but I was getting up early and getting my workouts in," he said.

"I want to get my speed going and I want to get my playmaking ability up to par. I want to be peaking by game one.

"I'll be the first one to tell you I wasn't that dedicated before. I think I grew up a lot this summer," he continued.

"I stayed away from hanging out with people I shouldn't be hanging out with. I just got my act together. I'm 25. I want to play this game for another 10 years. I don't want to be one of those guys who plays till 30 because he didn't take care of himself."


There's a lot of buy-in from the team to open this season. Everyone seems to be hungry and almost scarily motivated. Could it be enough to jump a few slots into playoff position?

Hmm....what a strange emotion, it almost feels like...optimism?


This man is on our team

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An intense, focused Raffi is a good thing; like a laser beam.

Unknown said...

Or rather, a laser beam that has spent serious time in maximum security :P

He really freaks me out. Just be glad he's on our team, no?

Also, I'm back!